National Pain Week 2021 Begins
Chronic Pain Australia has once again coordinated the incredible National Pain Week event, supporting and lifting up those suffering from chronic pain in Australia.
What is the National Pain Week?
National Pain Week 26th of July - 1st of August
The aim of NPW 2021 is to remind friends, family and professionals that connection is key to addressing the social isolation that pain can create.
This year’s theme encourages people to connect with their bodies and to acknowledge their pain.
Equally, it encourages people to seek support and advice from others rather than ignoring it and suffering in silence.
Did you know?
- Chronic pain is arguably Australia, and the world’s, fastest-growing medical condition.
- 1 in 5 Australians live with chronic pain - including adolescents and children.
- This includes 1 in 3 people over the age of 65.
- 1 in 5 GP consultations involve a patient with chronic pain and almost 5% report severe, disabling chronic pain.
- The prevalence of chronic pain is projected to increase as Australia's population ages – from around 3.2 million in 2007 to 5 million by 2050.
Find out more and donate at: National Pain Week